Monday, April 21, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured Photographer!

Today's feature is such an inspiration to me. Her work is flawless. So soft and subtle. Her processing is dreamy and stunning. Please take a few minutes to sit back and read a bit about Erin of Erin Mcgregor Photography!


 How did you come up with your business name?

It's nothing fancy, just my name. :)




 What brought you to photography?

I always loved photography and took classes in HS. But when I had kids that is when I really took a serious interest in it. I want to be able to document all our memories day to day.




 What do you like to shoot?

Lifestyle all the way. It really documents the realness of life. If you look at my work you will mainly see images of my littles. I don't take on many sessions at the moment, as I am enjoying my kids before they all grow up on me. :) Which is happening faster then I want it too.




 who is you favorite muse?

My littles would have to be it! They inspire me everyday!




 What is in your camera bag?

I am a Canon girl. :) 
5D Mark iii
85mm lens
35mm lens
Lip gloss
Hair ties
Extra batteries 
Charger
Cleaning brush
CF cards
GoPro {personal use}




 What type of camera bag do you rock?

I have a Ketti in chevron. I love it.




 photoshop or Lightroom?

Photoshop.




 Jpeg or Raw?

Raw all the way! 




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

Oh wow! I could never come up with words on my own so asked some of my favorite photography gals and they helped me out! ;)

Expressive. Organic. Nostalgic. 




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

Oh my gosh! I have a list that never ends so this is really hard!!

Molly Flanagan Photography is one of my favorite lifestyle photographers. 
Dylan & Sara Photography…amazing TS work.




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Summer or Fall…I can't just pick one! Winter is LONG here in MN so I love the warmth and sun for pictures!! I am really missing it right now!




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

Cheesecake anything!! You put cheesecake in it and I will eat it! :)




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

Thankfully I have not had one yet! I guess I need to take on some more sessions so I can answer this someday! ;)




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?

Go slow. Be yourself. Don't compare.




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?

I am actually looking into going back to school now that my kids are a little older.  And I still have no idea what I am wanting to do. Way too many options out there! 




 What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

Get my self out there more and step out of my comfort zone!





To continue to follow Erin and her beautiful work here is her Facebook page Erin Mcgregor Photography. Please go show her some love. Until next time, XOXO!